One Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 3 ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- salt to taste
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- In a bowl, add the bananas and mash until smooth. Add in the melted butter and stir until well combined.
- Add the sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda, salt, and flour, and stir until the batter is smooth.
- Add in the chocolate chips and pour the batter into a greased loaf pan. Top with additional chocolate chips.
- Bake for 50 minutes to an hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before serving.
Classic Chicken Pot Pie
Classic chicken pot pie recipe has a flaky, buttery crust, a creamy sauce, and a hearty mix of chicken and whatever vegetables your family loves. Plus, this homemade chicken pot pie is super easy to make, which makes it a great recipe for beginner cooks and busy families alike.
- 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts softened as directed on box
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 3/4 cups Progresso™ chicken broth from 32-oz carton
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken or turkey
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables thawed
- Heat oven to 425°F. Prepare pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using 9-inch glass pie pan.
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and thickened.
- Stir in chicken and mixed vegetables. Remove from heat. Spoon chicken mixture into crust-lined pan. Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. During last 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.